Latest

Friday, March 14, 2008

I am willing to listen, says Guan Eng - The Star

By Zarinah Daud

PENANG: Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng said Umno leaders need not take to the streets to express their disappointment as they can always meet him on issues affecting Penang Malays.

He said he was surprised that those who took part in Friday's demonstration did not submit any memorandum to the authorities.

"What is the demonstration for? Taking their expression to the street did not help much except for the massive traffic jam they created all over the island leading to Komtar.

"They can always come to my office. I will listen to them if it is in the interest of the people.

"I will entertain all appointments, including those made by Umno leaders," he said.

[From http://thestar.com.my/election/story.asp?file=/2008/3/14/election2008/20080314204713&sec=election2008]

No comments: