Latest

Monday, March 10, 2008

Mukhriz Says He's All For Abdullah As PM - Bernama

BUTTERWORTH, March 10 (Bernama) -- Umno Youth executive committee member Datuk Mukhriz Tun Mahathir today expressed his full support for Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi to lead the nation as Prime Minister.

"I will support any action that will gain confidence towards the prime minister," Mukhriz, who is also MP for Jerlun, said at a packed news conference.

He said this amid rumours that he had called for a news conference to call for the resignation of the prime minister following Barisan Nasionals shocking defeat in the just-ended general election.

Some 500 people, including Umno Youth leaders from the northern zone, attended the news conference which was scheduled to be held at Sunway Hotel but was later moved to Pearl View Hotel.

"The SMS is not true that I'm calling for someone's resignation.

I know there were SMS going round stating that I would do so. I'm not sure who was the culprit behind it," he said. "I 've been receiving many calls and SMS expressing many views.

What is apparent to me is that there is a sense of loss among Umno and Barisan Nasional members because it has been an unmitigated situation that we are faced with, unprecedented in many ways.

"We have never lost that many states, so it is a wake-up call definitely," said Mukhriz.

[More at http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=319773]

No comments: