Latest

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hisham: I am willing to give up political career for Umno - The Star

KUALA LUMPUR: Umno Youth chief Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein explained that he was putting the party first in apologising for waving the keris.

“I took into consideration all aspects before making a decision. It is not as if I only wanted to think about my political position.

“Sincerely, I am willing to sacrifice my political career for the party. We will get nowhere if we continue to have conflicts,” he told reporters after the Umno supreme council meeting yesterday.

He was asked about some Malays who expressed disappointment with his apology and the Muar division which had asked him to resign over the issue

When asked if he was pressured into making the apology, Hishammuddin said there were no pressure whatsoever from anyone.

“I am willing to take the responsibility for anything that can affect the party. I will face the risk.

“The party has to come first before one does something to promote self-interest. Only then the people will see the willingness of Umno to defend Malaysians, especially the Malays,” he added.

[More at http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/4/29/nation/21095065&sec=nation]

No comments: