Latest

Monday, April 14, 2008

Nik Aziz: PR will eventually accept Islamic state ideology - The Sun

By Kong See Hoh

PETALING JAYA (April 14, 2008): PAS spiritual leader and Kelantan Mentri Besar Datuk Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat is convinced that Pakatan Rakyat (PR) will eventually accept the Islamic state ideology.

In a recent interview with Sin Chew Daily, he stressed that Islam has been "hypnotised" for over a century in Malaysia under the colonial rule, and has even been maliciously described as a negative religion.

The recent anti-Islam film "Fitna" created by Dutch far-right-wing member of parliament Geert Wilders is such an example, he said.

He said Pakatan Rakyat needs some time to accept the Islamic state ideology.

As such, he urged DAP leaders to come to Kelantan to see for themselves what Islam really is; to try to find fault with the state and "tell me where the flaws of Islam are?"

"Are there really problems with Islam? Have I killed the Chinese for Islam? Did I take away Chinese's business licences because I am a Muslim (and they are not)? Or have I chased the Chinese out of Kelantan in the name of Islam?

"I invite them (DAP leaders) to take a trip to Kelantan, (they) don't have to see me, but talk to the Chinese, Indians and Thais here and let these people tell them my misdeeds (if any)."

[More at http://www.sun2surf.com/article.cfm?id=21484]

No comments: