Latest

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dr M flies back to rousing welcome - The Star

VIDEO: Dr M flies back to rousing welcome

KUALA LUMPUR: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad came back to a rousing and emotional welcome when he arrived here from Tokyo yesterday.

Shouts of Hidup Tun (long live Tun) reverberated as the former Prime Minister addressed and thanked the crowd with a loud speaker from the sunroof of a four-wheel-drive vehicle after he touched down at the Subang airport about 6pm.

Dr Mahathir, had recently quit Umno, the party he led for more than two decades. He was accompanied by his wife Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali.

“Thank you. If I’m not wrong, when I was an Umno member before, the welcome that I received was no different than now.

“When I was an Umno member, I was not treated like one, so there is no difference in becoming a member or not,” he said to resounding cheers.

[More at http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/5/28/nation/21378900&sec=nation]

No comments: