Latest

Saturday, May 10, 2008

It's a purely legal issue, says defiant DAP chairman - NST

KUALA LUMPUR: DAP chairman Karpal Singh maintained yesterday that he had not questioned the prerogative of the Sultan of Perak.

He said his statements concerning the Sultan's power to revoke the transfer of a state civil servant was purely a legal issue.

Karpal said he was not perturbed over the numerous police reports lodged against him.

"I have committed no offence and those making reports against me should be prepared to face the consequences of lodging false reports," he said at a press conference here yesterday.

"I will not be intimidated by anyone or any quarter.

"I stand by what I have said because the truth must prevail at all times" the Bukit Gelugor Member of Parliament said.

[More at http://www.nst.com.my/Saturday/Frontpage/2236661/Article/index_html]

No comments: