Latest

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ku Li: I’ll stay to fight Abdullah - The Star

By Nik Khusairy Ibrahim

ALOR STAR: Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah will remain in Umno to challenge Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi for the party presidency and also to clean up the party.

The Gua Musang MP also said he would never form a pact with the Opposition to set up a new government even if Umno was battered by internal conflict.

“I have my own party. Why must I quit the party? I will remain in the party to challenge the president (Abdullah) and will fight to clean up the party,” he said yesterday after opening a gathering organised by the Kedah Malay Unity Organisation.

He said he had no plan to work out a pact with Parti Keadilan Rakyat de facto leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.

“I am not in contact with Anwar. There is no reason for me to form a pact with the Opposition,” he added.

Razaleigh said he was shocked by Dr Mahathir quitting the “new Umno” that he formed 21 years ago.

[More at http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/5/20/nation/21301499&sec=nation]

No comments: