Latest

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dr M: Arrest me if you have proof - The Star

LANGKAWI: Former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said the police can arrest him if they had evidence on allegations that he had threatened judges.

“I have no power now. If they want to investigate, okay, fine. I can face it.

“If I am wrong, okay, they can arrest me,” he said upon his arrival at the Langkawi Airport here Thursday.

“They can investigate me. I want to know the truth,” he said.

Dr Mahathir was responding to a police report lodged against him by DAP chairman Karpal Singh following High Court Judge Justice Ian Chin’s claim that the former premier had threatened to remove judges by referring them to a tribunal.

Justice Chin had alleged that Dr Mahathir had issued a thinly-veiled threat to judges during a Judges Conference on April 24, 1997.

Dr Mahathir said those in power now could do what they like.

[More at http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/6/12/nation/20080612211520&sec=nation]

No comments: