Latest

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Khairy denies having military report on Altantuya murder - The Star

KUALA LUMPUR: Rembau MP Khairy Jamaluddin has denied that he is in possession of a military intelligence report on the murder of Mongolian translator Altantuya Shaaribuu.

He said the allegation against him in Raja Petra Kamarudin’s statutory declaration of June 18 was “malicious” because it suggested that he (Khairy) was concealing knowledge of a crime.

He said he had given his statement to the police on the matter on Tuesday night.

“I told the police that I have never received any military intelligence report on the murder of Altantuya from the Prime Minister or from any other quarters. Nor have I received any other report from anyone about the murder.

“I don’t have, I’ve not kept any such report and I don’t know anything about the murder.

“I told the police that the statutory declaration including the allegations against me was made with bad intention because it was totally false,” he told reporters yesterday at the Parliament lobby.

[More at http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/6/26/nation/21660669&sec=nation]

No comments: