Latest

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Penang CM attends mass with 500 Catholics - The Star

PENANG: Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng joined some 500 Catholics at a Good Friday Mass at the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit in Island Park here.

He arrived quietly around noon together with the big crowd and joined them in prayers and singing of hymns for about 90 minutes.

When approached by newsmen later, Lim said:

“I am here alone,” said Lim.

“I just wanted to join the ceremony and out of respect to the ceremony, I will not comment or talk on any issue here.

“I will attend all kinds of religious ceremonies and accept all blessings because I honour all the different faiths and religions in the country,” he said.

[More at http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/3/22/nation/20724504&sec=nation]

No comments: