Latest

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Kah Choon: Let me focus on my job - NST

GEORGE TOWN: Datuk Lee Kah Choon has thumbed his nose at the Gerakan leadership by shrugging off party adviser Datuk Seri Lim Keng Yaik's terse comments about him.

Lee said his decision to accept the offer by the DAP-Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR)-led state government to helm two top agencies in Penang had nothing to do with politics.

Stressing that he was still a loyal Gerakan member and had no intentions of leaving the party, Lee said: "My political background and my appointments are two totally different things.

"I hope Gerakan will not link them," he said at his new office in investPenang yesterday.

Lee said as far as he was concerned, there were many things which needed to be done and he needed to focus on his new job. "I want to concentrate on another phase of my life.

"This is something new, something I like and, at the same time, something which still enables me to help others."

[More at http://www.nst.com.my/Wednesday/National/2220946/Article/index_html]

No comments: