Latest

Friday, May 9, 2008

Raja Petra released on bail - The Star

VIDEO: Raja Petra released on bail

By M. Mageswari

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Today editor Raja Petra Raja Kamarudin who was released on bail Friday said that he did not go on “hunger strike” in prison.

He also vowed to continue updating his Malaysia Today news portal in a day or two.

Raja Petra, 58, said he had refused to eat because "prison food is paid by the rakyat."

“I do not think the rakyat's money is well spent, so I refused to eat any food,” he said after his release on a RM5,000 bail at the court premises here.

The father of five said he had not eaten any food since he was charged in the Sessions Court here on Tuesday for sedition.

“Since I could not have food from outside, I did not eat at all. I want to go back and have breakfast now. I am dehydrated,” said Raja Petra who smiled and immediately drank a bottle of mineral water supplied by his wife Marina Lee Abdullah.

[More at http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/5/9/nation/20080509095825&sec=nation]

No comments: