Latest

Monday, April 7, 2008

Dr M: I will stop if leadership stops doing wrong things - The Star

KUALA LUMPUR: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said he would stop criticising the Umno leadership “if they stop doing what is wrong which caused the bad election results”.

“I will continue to talk as long as I am invited. I have no intention of becoming the Umno president or the Prime Minister. But as an Umno member and a citizen, I have the right to voice out,” he said at a press conference after speaking at a forum “Bersatu Mermartabatkan Ketuanan Melayu” organised by Umno Pusat Bandar Taman Cempaka branch.

Earlier in Langkawi, Dr Mahathir said his criticism would make the party stronger.

“My criticisms will not wreck the party. If I tell lies, Umno will reject me. If they (supporters of current Umno leadership) tell the truth, people will accept them,” he said when responding to allegations that his statements were providing “ammunition” for the Opposition.

Dr Mahathir said he has no favourite choice for Umno president.

“We can’t be hasty in choosing a person. We have to wait and see if they are brave or whether they can perform well.

[More at http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/4/7/nation/20871388&sec=nation]

No comments: