Latest

Monday, April 7, 2008

Najib Thankful, Touched For Being Named Successor By Abdullah - Bernama

KUALA LUMPUR, April 7 (Bernama) -- Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak says he valued the trust and confidence of Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi for naming him as his successor.

"I am thankful and touched by the prime minister's trust and confidence in me," he told reporters after opening the 30th anniversary conference of the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre For Arbitration.

Najib said the prime minister had in the past told this to him and several civil servants behind "closed doors" but Sunday was the first time he made it known openly.

"I appreciate very much the prime minister's trust in me and I will honour Abdullah's request to me to continue cooperating with him as the prime minister," he said.

Najib said the request was to strengthen government administration to meet current challenges in carrying out reforms as intended by the prime minister.

Meanwhile, Najib, who is also Defence Minister, said the selection of the 1st Battalion of the Royal Malay Regiment to perform the prestigious "London Public Duties" in Britain was an honour for the 75 year-old outfit.

[More at http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=325126]

No comments: